Wednesday 2 September 2009

Making Jam Part 2

I have made my Rhubarb and Ginger Jam and I'm very please with it, the colour looks grate and it has set but sadly i only got three jars out of it but then while taking the dog out for a walk i came across a Damson tree so then i thought i can make Damson jam as well, so i have.
After making the Damson Jam my neighbour had been give a big bucket of plums and green gages i then had to think what i could do with by this time i decided i had way too much jam and should make something else so instead of jam have mad plum and apple chutney, the apples came from my other neighbour how has apple tree, now i have plenty of jam and chutney guess what everyone is getting for Christmas.
I haven't finished yet i want to make Elderberry Cordial just need to collect some more bottles and the green gages where used in a pie and i must say was very nice haven't had green gages.
On the left is my Damson Jam, Middle is Rhubarb Jam, Right Plum and Apple Chutney

No comments: